Excellent product reception at RCOG 2018
SurgiTools had a booth with reps from UK, Singapore and Australia.
We projected videos of various TLH and laparoscopy procedures using the ColpoWave
Colpotomizer and CerviGrip Uterine Manipulator.
Our InVivo bag was introduced at the congress and received with great interest and prompted discussion.
At this cosmopolitan congress, the SurgiTools booth played host to delegates from UK, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Cambodia, Finland, South Africa, Kenya, UAE, Iraq and many other countries.
Comments from booth attendees included the following:
GYNAE ONC – “I am pleased there is finally a colpotomizer with a 20 mm oncology margin. Now my fellows don’t have to guess how far to dissect and incise. It will also make my job easier.”
GYNAE – “My hospital has had several ureteric injuries during TLH, but now with the availability of a colpotomizer with a 20 mm margin indicating ureteric positions, we should be able to reduce and even prevent our ureteric injuries.”
GYNAE – “I like the cervical fixation provided by the CerviGrip, makes sense with the rotating colpotomizer margin providing a constant for colpotomy incisions.”
FELLOW – “My hospital already uses ColpoWave and CerviGrip for TLH and it has definitely shortened our TLH learning curves.”
SENIOR GYNAE ONC – “I have been using the single lip colpotomizer for years but so glad there is now a 20mm margin for oncology, makes so much sense.”
UROGYNAE – “I find the 20mm margin so useful in my mesh dissection as a guide to how far I have to create my flaps before mesh placement.”
COLORECTAL SURGEON- “I have been using the ColpoWave to delineate the vaginal vault in post hysterectomy cases prior to recto-colpo- sacropexy with mesh. I was using a sponge stick, but the ColpoWave delineation makes the procedure easier and safer.”
REGISTRAR – “I hope my hospital gets the ColpoWave and CerviGrip for TLH.”
GYNAE – “ I can't wait to get back and use the set for TLH. How do we order more sets?”
GYNAES / GYNAE ONCS on InVivo bags
- “Great to be able to place the bag anywhere after introduction.”
- “Now I can collect the fibroids as I remove them and place into the bag as I go.”
- “Great for lymph node sampling.”
- “Reusability in the same patient (where clinically safe) is a good idea.”
- “Not having the port occupied by the bag introducer like the conventional bags is a winner.”
- “Being able to introduce the bag via the 10mm camera port and not have to put in a 10mm side port is a bonus. Saves the OR an extra 10mm port and the patient a larger scar.”
- “Great idea for my single port fibroids and cysts.”